These services provide convenient and environmentally sensitive access to The University of Montana. This bus service is paid for through a student transportation fee. All rides are free and open to the public. The four routes include the East Broadway Park-N-Ride, South Park-N-Ride, Missoula College, and the late night bus, UDASH.
The Park-N-Ride services run during Fall and Spring semesters only – if UM isn’t in session the buses don’t run. UDASH runs during Fall and Spring semester but does operate on some holidays. Call 243 4599 to find out if UDASH is running on a holiday.
How to Use Buses
- Go to a designated bus stop along the route and wait for the bus. Please arrive at the bus stop a few minutes prior to the scheduled bus arrival.
- Bus schedules are approximate as there are unavoidable traffic issues that make the bus times vary some, however if a bus has not showed up within 5 minutes of the scheduled time, please call 243-4599.
- Please wait until other passengers have gotten off before you board.
- Please allow passengers that need lift access to board first.
- Please keep front seating area open for persons with disabilities.
- Please always board at the front door unless the driver asks you to do otherwise. In the winter, always check the front steps for snow or slush, and hold onto the hand rail.
- Make sure that you are getting on the right bus – each bus is well marked: South Park-N-Ride; East Broadway Park-N-Ride; College of Technology Park-N-Ride and UDASH.
- Take a seat as quickly as possible. If the bus is full, please move as far to the back as possible. Also, if you need the bus to wait until you are seated, please let the driver know.
- Pull the yellow cord that runs the length of the bus one block before you want off. You can deboard through either door.
- Always cross BEHIND the bus and cross the street safely if needed.
- Food is allowed on the bus at the driver’s discretion. No alcohol or smoking is allowed on the bus.
- No animals are allowed on buses with the exception of service animals. Service animals are asked to stay on the floor to Keep seats open and clean for other passengers.
- All buses are accessible. If you need a lift to get on the bus, please let the driver know. The driver will then run the lift and the person may safely board. The driver will secure the mobility device.
- The UM Student Conduct Code must be followed on all buses.
REMEMBER MOUNTAIN LINE IS ALSO FREE WITH A GRIZ CARD AND SERVES ALL THE PARK-N-RIDES AND THE REST OF THE MISSOULA URBAN TRANSPORTATION DISTRICT. PLEASE CALL 721-3333 FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THAT SYSTEM AND/OR ASK THE BUS DRIVER FOR A SCHEDULE.