Commuting to campus by bicycle is a great way to start your day. Instead of sitting in traffic and looking for a parking space, imagine cruising along the Clark Fork River trail with an eagle or an osprey overhead and finding a place to park your bicycle right outside your morning class. On you bicycle, you can enjoy the fresh air, take in views of the Missoula valley, and reduce congestion and emissions.
The ASUM Office of Transportation offers many programs to support cyclists.
Bicycle Checkout Programs
- The Office of Transportation's Yellow UBike Checkout Program provides free bicycle checkouts for up to 48 hours.
- Our Semester Bike Rental Program is ideal for students who want a bike for the entrie semester.
- The Office of Transportation has partnered with Missoula Federal Credit Union to offer Interest-free Bike Loans for students.
Riding your bicycle in the winter is not as difficult as it sounds. Check out our winter bicycling tips for some helpful information.
Cyclists! Give & Get Respect.
Give respect to pedestrians, motorists, and other cyclists. Why? It's the right thing to do. Respectful riding will help cyclists win more respect. It's a cycle that will make Missoula a better place to live.
- Slow down and yield to pedestrians.
- Speak up when passing.
- Dismount when campus sidewalks are crowded.
- When riding in the street, follow the same rules as cars.
Share the Walkways. Share the Road. Ride Predictably. Have Some Fun.