Counseling and Psychological Services
CAPS assists students by addressing their personal counseling and psychotherapy needs for the purpose of helping them gain the most from their time on campus. When a student's mental health care needs are beyond the scope of our services, we will assist with referrals to community-based providers for specialized or longer-term care.
Call 406-243-4711 to make an appointment to talk with a counselor or if you have questions regarding Mental or Emotional Health.
Feel like you could use a Seminar or do you need a Support Group? Check our list of Seminars and Support Groups.
Services provided by CAPS include:
- Individual Counseling and Psychotherapy
- Topical Group Therapy
- Crisis Appointments Available
- Limited Psychological Assessments
- Psychiatric Consultation
- After hours urgent care (provided by the Curry Medical Clinic Staff)
- Consultation with concerned others
- Referrals to community-based colleagues
- Brief Inpatient Respite Care
- Student Blue Cross/Shield Plan referrals
- Bereavement counseling always available
- Medication management in cooperation with the CHC Medical Clinic Staff
- Networked with Self Over Substances to provide substance abuse counseling