Stress and Relaxation
Stress is our body's reaction to the challenges of daily life
Stress effects all of us physically and emotionally.
- Stress can be positive or negative
- Stress can either help or hinder us depending on how we handle it.
- We experience stress when adjusting to new situations or relationships
- Positive stress can help compel us to action; lead to a new awareness and new exciting prospects.
- Negative stress can result in feelings of distrust, rejection, anger, and depression
- Negative Stress can also lead to health problems such as headaches, insomnia, ulcers, high blood pressure, heart disease, stroke and other symptoms.
Relaxation is one of the best tools to help relieve the effects of negative stress.
Curry's Counseling Division has developed these relaxation audio tools to help you manage the impact of negative stress: