Montana Honorably Discharged Veteran Tuition Waiver
The Montana Honorably Discharged Veteran Tuition Waiver eliminates tuition costs charged to a qualifying student. It does not, however, waive any other charges.
To qualify for the Montana Honorably Discharged Veteran Tuition Waiver you must meet all of the following:
- Have received an Honorable Discharge
- Have at one time qualified for veterans benefits under Title 38 of the U.S. Code but benefits have expired or been exhausted
- Be classified as in-state for admissions purposes
- Meet one of the service qualifications listed below:
- Served during a time of war as determined by the Attorney General through the Vietnam War 1-1-64 to 5-7-75. Eligible for graduate and undergraduate degrees.
- Served subsequent to Vietnam and received an Expeditionary Medal*, or served in a combat theater in the Persian Gulf between 8-2-90 and 4-11-91 and received the SW Asia Service Medal*, and are enrolled in your initial degree or certificate program.
- Awarded the Kosovo Campaign Medal* and are enrolled in your initial degree or certificate program.
- Served in a combat theater in Afghanistan or Iraq after September 11, 2001, and received either the Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal, the Afghanistan Campaign Medal or the Iraq Campaign Medal and are enrolled in your initial degree or certificate program.
* For purposes of this policy any of above-noted medals shall be deemed to have been "awarded" to you if you were eligible for the medal but chose to receive another medal in lieu thereof.
Download and fill out the Montana Honorably Discharged Veteran Tuition Waiver Application and submit it to the Financial Aid Office.