Closing for Winter Break
- The Residence Halls close for the Fall Semester at Noon on Saturday, December 14, 2013.
- All residents will receive a "Spring Semester Housing Plans" form in their hall mailbox on November 15, 2013. This form must be completed indicating whether the resident will be staying on campus or plans to move off campus for Spring and then returned to their hall's Area Desk by the end of the day on Friday, December 6, 2013. Not returning the form will result in the assumption that the resident will be staying for Spring Semester and the resident will be responsible for all semester charges. Turning in the form after the deadline with a request to move off campus will result in a $40 late vacate notice fee.
Staying On Campus for Spring Semester
- Residents staying on campus for Spring Semester may leave their belongings in their assigned room over the winter break. Once the resident turns their keys in for the break, access to the room will not be available until they check back in for Spring Semester. So, it is important to make sure all items needed for the break are taken at time of checkout. Access to the room after checkout may be available for emergency situations. However, there is a $10 fee and Residence Life staff will escort the resident to and from the room to grab items needed.
- All residents must turn in their room key/card and mailbox key by Noon on Saturday, December 14, 2013 using the key envelope provided at end of semester floor meetings. If room access is on a Griz Card, the resident should keep their Griz Card as access will automatically stop at Noon on Saturday, December 14, 2013.
- The Residence Halls open at 9:00am on Saturday, January 25, 2014 for Spring Semester. Early arrival is available starting at 9:00am on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 for additional $19.50 per day before 9:00am on January 25, 2014.
Moving Off Campus for Spring Semester
- All residents planning to move off campus at the end of Fall Semester must be approved by Residence Life. The "Spring Semester Housing Plans" form must be completed and turned in by Friday, December 6, 2013 indicating the reason for moving off campus. If the resident has less than 30 earned credits, a release from freshmen residency form must also be completed. Residence Life will review the move off request and inform the resident by mail of the decision.
- If approved to move off campus, a proper checkout must be completed by Noon on Saturday, December 14, 2013. If not checked out by this time, the resident will be required to live on campus for Spring Semester. Please review the checkout guide for more information on completing a proper checkout.
Winter Break & Wintersession Housing
- Housing is available between Noon on Saturday, December 14, 2013 and 9:00am on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 for $19.50 per day.
- Arrangements must be made in person with the Residence Life Office in 101 Turner Hall by 5:00pm Friday, December 6, 2013. Arrangements made after this date will include a $40 processing fee in addition to the $19.50 per day.