Residence Hall Application
- Online Application for Spring and Fall Semesters - Best Accessibility
- Print Application for Spring Semester - Print Form Only (.pdf)
- Print Application for Fall Semester - Print Form Only (.pdf)
Questions about housing status?Contact Brady Rowe, Housing Coordinator, at 406-243-4243.
Fall 2013 – Availability
Fall 2013 housing is still available. Please contact the Residence Life Office at 406-243-2611 for more information.
Spring 2014 - Application Submission
Residence Hall applications for Spring Semester 2014 are now available.
Fall 2014 - Application Submission
Residence Hall applications for Fall Semester 2014 are now available.
Housing applications are received and accepted throughout the year. There is not a deadline for submitting an application, but all room assignment are made on a first come, first serve basis by the date of receipt of the application and $225 fee.
Fall Semester rooms start to be assigned in March. Generally by the 1st of February each year, many of our spaces are already reserved from submitted applications and the choices become more limited as we get closer to the fall semester.
Fall Semester room assignments transfer to Spring Semester if the resident is continuing. New Spring Semester students are assigned rooms based on availability from Fall Semester moveouts. Spring assignments are made once all Fall Semester moveouts have been processed which usually occurs the second week of January.
Rooms are assigned on a first come, first serve basis depending on when the application is submitted. We try to best accommodate your living preferences, however, building and room type availability may be limited by the time your application is processed. Once you’ve been assigned a room, you generally don’t change rooms with the exception of one of these reasons:
- You weren’t assigned your first choice of hall as it was listed on your application. In this case, you are automatically put onto an email list for your first building preference. Should we have cancellations to open up spaces in your preferred building, you will receive an email in the summer asking if you wish to be placed on the waitlist for that particular building. If you request to be placed on the waitlist, your name will be added based on the order that your application was received. If a space opens up and you are next on the waitlist, you will be offered that space. The offer will be in the form of a phone call and email provided on your housing application. You will have 24 hours to accept the room change. After this period, your name will be taken off of the list and we will continue on to the next name. This type of waitlist is only used until August 1st. There are no room changes allowed between August 1st and the beginning of the semester.
- If you are still interested in a room change, but the August 1st deadline has passed, you will need to wait until after the semester begins. Starting the first day of the semester, each individual hall starts their own waitlist to use throughout the semester. Once the semester audit is completed and all interim overflow housing residents have been assigned permanent rooms, the halls will go off of their new waitlists to fill any spaces that may have opened due to cancellations or no shows. To get on the semester waitlist, see the Hall Admin at the front desk of any halls in which you are interest in living.
Please note, requesting a roommate change due to social media sites like Facebook will not be granted. We suggest contacting your roommate through the contact information provided on Cyberbear. Social media sites are often unreliable and students often look at the wrong person’s profile.
Cancellation of Housing
All cancellations must be made directly with the Residence Life Office. Canceling or changing enrollment with the Admissions Office does not cancel your room reservation. Please see the Rates page for information on the cancellation process and deadlines.