Residence Hall Application
Questions about housing status?
Contact Brady Rowe
, Housing Coordinator, at 406-243-4243.
Fall 2013 – Availability
The following room and hall options are currently full:
- Male Rooms
- Single Rooms in All Halls
- Pantzer Hall Rooms
- Miller Hall 3-Person Pod Rooms
- Single Rooms in All Halls
- Pantzer Hall Rooms
- Miller Hall Double and 3-Person Pod Rooms
- Craig Hall Double and Triple Rooms
- Turner Hall Double Rooms
Applicants are encouraged to indicate their top preference in room type and building even if it is currently full. If your first preference is full, you will be placed on a waitlist in case spaces open up due to moves or cancellations. Please see more information on waitlists below in the Room Change Section. Use the second and third preferences as a backup in case your first preference does not become available.
Fall 2013 – Status of Residence Halls Housing Assignments
The Fall 2013 housing application for the residence halls is now available for submission. Fall room assignments are currently being processed in the order in which they were submitted. Applications submitted before late-February should be available to view on Cyberbear starting the beginning of mid-March. Applications submitted after late-February should be available on Cyberbear 3-4 weeks after the submission date. An email notification will be sent once a room has been assigned. Please see the Assignment Process below for more information.
Housing applications are received and accepted throughout the year. There is not a deadline for submitting an application, but all room assignment are made on a first come, first serve basis by the date of receipt of the application and $225 fee. Generally by the 1st of February each year, many of our spaces are already reserved and the choices become more limited as we get closer to the fall semester.
Freshmen Room Assignments
Freshmen housing applications will begin to be processed for room assignments starting after February 15th, 2013.
Returning Residents and Upperclassmen Room Assignments
- Applications submitted for returning residents and upperclassmen will receive priority over freshmen applications if received before February 15th, 2013. After this date, freshmen applications will be added to returning resident and upperclassmen applications to be processed in order of submission date.
- Returning residents may request to reserve their same room from Spring 2013 Semester for Fall 2013. To reserve the current room, applications must be received by February 15th, 2013. Applications submitted after this date may be considered for current room reservation if the room is still available at time of assigning. Some rooms are reserved for special programs or accommodations and may not be eligible for room reservation.
- Returning resident applications received by February 15th, 2013 will be eligible to participate in the Fall 2013 Assignment Fair on February 23rd, 2013. The Assignment Fair will allow returning residents the chance to pick their own room from available rooms for Fall 2013. Students will be able to pick their room out during certain time periods based on when their housing application was submitted.
Rooms are assigned on a first come, first serve basis depending on when the application is submitted. We try to best accommodate your living preferences, however, building and room type availability may be limited by the time your application is processed. Once you’ve been assigned a room, you generally don’t change rooms with the exception of one of these reasons:
- You weren’t assigned your first choice of hall as it was listed on your application. In this case, you are automatically put onto an email list for your first building preference. Should we have cancellations to open up spaces in your preferred building, you will receive an email in the summer asking if you wish to be placed on the waitlist for that particular building. If you request to be placed on the waitlist, your name will be added based on the order that your application was received. If a space opens up and you are next on the waitlist, you will be offered that space. The offer will be in the form of a phone call and email provided on your housing application. You will have 24 hours to accept the room change. After this period, your name will be taken off of the list and we will continue on to the next name. This type of waitlist is only used until August 1st. There are no room changes allowed between August 1st and the beginning of the semester.
- If you are still interested in a room change, but the August 1st deadline has passed, you will need to wait until after the semester begins. Starting the first day of the semester, each individual hall starts their own waitlist to use throughout the semester. Once the semester audit is completed and all interim overflow housing residents have been assigned permanent rooms, the halls will go off of their new waitlists to fill any spaces that may have opened due to cancellations or no shows. To get on the semester waitlist, see the Hall Admin at the front desk of any halls in which you are interest in living.
Residents are only allowed one free room change per academic year. Any requests for room changes after the first one will be an additional $50 per change. The room change fee must be paid in full before the room change will occur.
Please note, requesting a roommate change due to social media sites like Facebook will not be granted. We suggest contacting your roommate through the contact information provided on Cyberbear. Social media sites are often unreliable and students often look at the wrong person’s profile.
Cancellation of Housing
All cancellations must be made directly with the Residence Life Office. Canceling or changing enrollment with the Admissions Office does not cancel your room reservation. Please see the Rates page for information on the cancellation process and deadlines.