Proctoring Special Circumstance Academic Exams
Circumstances occasionally arise which may preclude a student from taking an exam at the regularly scheduled time, i.e., medical emergencies, family issues, work, etc. In these situations, and with faculty permission, the student may qualify for special circumstance academic testing.
UM Testing Services offers proctoring to the university community utilizing a secure testing environment and certified testing personnel. There is a cost to the student of $5.00 for each exam given. Students will take their exam in the Testing Center, located in Lommasson 154, under the following guidelines:
- Instructor permits special circumstance testing.
- Print and complete the Proctoring Request Form.
- Deliver the exam, along with the completed Proctoring Request Form, to Testing Services located in Lommasson 154.
- Instruct student to contact Testing Services to schedule a time to take their exam within the parameters spelled out on the Proctoring Request Form.
- Inform Testing Services about any concerns or needs regarding the exam scheduled for administration. If the student requires an accommodation because of a disability, the student should contact UM Disability Services for testing accommodation.
- Make arrangements with your instructor to take a special circumstance exam.
- Contact Testing Services to schedule a time to take your exam before the deadline set by your instructor.
- A signed picture ID (Driver’s License, Griz Card) is required to take exam.
- Pay the $5.00 proctoring fee at the time of your exam.