UC Art Fair Regulations
Booth space is limited. Selection is determined by a committee based on your images and the information provided in your application. Artists not accepted will be placed on a wait list. Wait-listed artists will be notified of cancellations as soon as possible. Artists who do not pay their balance by the date indicated on the confirmation letter forfeit their space. No-shows on the Thursday of the fair forfeit their space and booth payment if they have not checked in by 9:00 a.m.
A 10-day cancellation notice is required for a 50% refund. Less than a 10-day cancellation notice will receive no refund.
Products and Sales
- All items must be personally designed and crafted by the artist(s) present at the fair.
- Agents or sales representatives are prohibited.
- Kits, imports, mass-produced items, plants, food, and rummage are not allowed.
- Vendors of musical instruments will be limited to demonstrations of 15 minutes per hour.
- Booth structure must fit in assigned space. Booths are prohibited from extending into aisles or neighboring booth spaces.
- The fair hours are 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Thursday and Friday, and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday. Artists must attend to their booths for the entire three days of the fair.
- If an artist leaves the fair at any time before 4:00 p.m. Saturday, he/she will no longer be allowed to participate in the UC Art Fairs.
Parking availability is not guaranteed. You may purchase parking passes from The Source in the UC. Parking permits cost $3.00 per day and are valid in decal lots only. Parking Passes are required for Thursday and Friday only. We cannot help you if you get a parking ticket. Complete parking regulations are available from the Office of Public Safety, at www.umt.edu/publicsafety or by calling 406-243-6131.
- Check-in will be on Thursday morning of the fair from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
- You must check in before setting up your booth (center of UC Atrium).
- If you have not arrived to check-in by 9:00 a.m., you forfeit your space and booth payment.
- Load-in is from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. on Thursday.
- Attendants and carts will be on hand to direct traffic and to help during load in.
- Artists may use the truck delivery bays in the East Pit from 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. on Thursday, but not after 8:00 a.m.
- Load-in is also allowed through the North, South and West entrances. Only the North and West entrances have ramps and are suitable for dollies and carts.
- Unloading must be done as quickly as possible so as not to block the pit and sidewalks.
- Park your vehicle and check in before setting up your booth.
- Parking is prohibited on sidewalks and in hourly, quick-stop, reserved, and accessible spaces.
- Access to power outlets is first-come, first-served. Not all booths have access to electricity.
- The UC does not supply extension cords; artists are responsible to bring extension cords to reach outlets.
- Each booth is limited to 200 watts of electricity use. This may be in any combination, such as one 200-watt bulb, two 100-watt bulbs, or four 50-watt bulbs, etc.
- The UC recommends the use of 3-prong, grounded electrical cords.
- Electrical cords cannot pass in front of doorways, cross isles or go through planters.
- If a circuit becomes overloaded and trips a breaker, then we may require a redistribution of power or require that some lights be removed from that circuit.
- The UC is an accessible facility.
- The UC provides one chair per booth. If more are needed please ask at load-in for additional chairs.
Tables are available by request as indicated on application.
- The UC does not provide storage.
- The UC does not provide extension cords or power strips.
- The UC does not provide booth-sitters.
- The UC provides overnight security from 6:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.
- Booths may be left standing overnight if covered with a drop-cloth.
- The UC and its employees are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Wireless Access during the Art Fair
- NEW!! Wireless access is now available free of charge to all vendors of the art fair. An instruction sheet will be available at check in.
- The UC is open from 6:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m. Monday-Friday and from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m. on Saturday.
- UC doors may not be propped open at any time.
- The UC prohibits people from walking in planters or placing anything (including extension cords) on top of planters, plants, or leaves.
- Tape and other adhesives are prohibited from being used on painted surfaces.
- Only service animals are allowed in the UC.
No Smoking Policy
As of August 28, 2011, tobacco use is not longer permitted on campus, with the implementation of the Tobacco Free UM Policy 406.1.1.
The University Center strives for equal and full participation in all facilities, services, programs, and events. For more information or to request ability related modifications please call (406)243-5555 or via email at email@example.com.
The University of Montana is a diverse, multi-cultural community that respects the cultures, beliefs, philosophies, and lifestyles of all peoples. We expect the same of our vendors when they are on campus. Vendors will refrain from comments of a personal nature, particularly having to do with race, religion, gender, lifestyle, politics, etc. Anyone that cannot comply with this will be asked to leave and will not be invited to participate in future UC Art Fairs.